Sunday 23 February 2014

Week 7

Alright, I'm not about that cheesy joke stuff. Let's get straight to the point.
Assignment 1 was long and hard. Want to know what else is long and hard? 
Finding the "best-know solution" to Step 5.
I made countless attempts to code the best solution to this step, but in the end I could not find it.
I was thinking of using a loop to iterate through all i between 1 and the number of cheeses, and then choosing the i that would return the least amount of moves, but unfortunately, I could not translate my idea into code.

Although I did not manage to find the best solution, all in all the assignment proved to be useful. I reviewed many concepts and ideas from previous lectures just by coding, and its the first time I tackled a problem in this manner.

The best way to explain steps 1 to 4 can be explained by a wise coder by the name of Lyndon:
"It's like you are given a fill in the blank test, but the blanks themselves are missing..."
It took me a while to understand what I was doing because there weren't direct instructions to guide me.
After a few hours of glancing at pixels, I managed to get on track and code away. It was truly a dreadful task, but once I made the game work, I felt this burst of joy running through my veins!
That's all for now. Peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment